Hours of Operation - The property is accessible for unlimited public use during daylight hours for the purpose of lawful recreation pursuits. No unauthorized person or vehicle may enter or remain in a park or portion thereof from sunset to sunrise or at any time prohibited by posted hours of operation unless participating in a County approved program or with permission from the department.
Closing of Parks - The department may close any park or portion therof when deemed necessary for public safety and health, for protection of the parks' grounds, for fire hazards, for construction and maintenance, or park operations, or for park environmental protection.
Closed Parks / Trespassing - It is prohibited to enter upon or into any county-owned land or facility at any time when the land or facility is closed to the general public unless specifically authorized by the County Commissioners.
- Alcholic Beverages - Possession of alcholic beverages in parks is prohibited and strictly prohibited in pool areas with youth events/activities taking place.
- Under the Influence - No person under the influence of alcoholic beverages or drugs will be permitted in any County park.
- Tobacco/Marijuana-Free Policy - A person may not use any form of tobacco/marijuana, as hereinafter defined, in a restroom, at a spectator area, concession area, or playground in any Kent County park or recreation facility. Furthermore, A person may not use any form of tobacco/marijuana, as herinafter defined, while on Kent County park property, within 100 yards of an organized activity at a Kent County park. "Tobacco/Marijuana" includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff, spit tobacco, or any other form of tobacco/marijuana usage.
- * For Large scale private rentals, alcohol sales may be permitted, upon approval and licensure by the County Commissioners. Alcohol sales generally require a County issued liquor license for event caterers.
- Use - Park property and recreation and park programs are open for all members of the public, regardless of race, national origin, color or creed. The Department reserves the right to designate spaces for specific uses and or intended purposes such as softball only, soccer only, etc.
- Picnic Pavilions/Shelters - Use of picnic pavilions or shelters are first-come-first-serve, inless reserved for exclusive use. Exclusive use rentals require a security deposit and rental fee arranged by the department. Download the Facility Rental Brochure here. Download the Pavilion Rental Reservation Application here.
- Athletic Fields - Scheduled use of athletic fields for sports leagues or other organizations are arranged and scheduled in advance through the department. When there is no scheduled league or organization use, athletic field use is first-come first serve. Download the Ballfield & Multi-Purpose Athletic Field Rental Application here.
- Interference with County Recreational Activities - It is prohibited for any person to interfere with, disrupt or disturb any recreational activity authorized by the Kent County Parks and Recreation Department, whether such interference, disruption or disurbance is caused by the action of the individual, inaction of the individual or by words, gestures or other means.
- Advertising - A person may not erect or post any sign, notice or literature in a park or facility nor use any loudspeaker or public address system without first obtaining permission from the department.
- Camping - It is prohibited to camp on, tent on, sleep on or inhabit any roadside of any county road or along any county roadside, within the right-of-way of the road or in any County recreational park or in, on or adjacent to any County landing or any other County-owned property unless specifically authorized by law or resolution of the County Commissioners.
- Weapons & Firearms - No person, other than a law enforcement officer or otherwise authorized officer, shall carry, possess or discharge a firearm or weapon of any kind on park property.
- Fires - No person shall build or cause to be built or set any fire except within established barbecue grills. No person shall leave any fire, and all such fires shall be thoroughly extinguished prior to leaving the site.
- Disturbing the Peace - No one may disturb the peace at any of the County parks. Live bands, loud or offensive music, or any excessive noise which disturbs the peace is prohibited except by permission from the department.
- Commercial Activities - Peddling, soliciting or conducting of any service, business, trade or occupation, including the taking of photographs and motion pictures for commercial use, as well as, conducting private instruction or lessons is prohibited except by permission from the department.
- Aeronautical Activities - Powered model airplanes or rockets may not be flown over or launched from any park, except for unmanned aircrafts as defined in Section 14-301 (a) of the Economic Development Article of Annotated Code of Maryland, the operation of which shall be in accordance with State law, Helium balloons, hang gliders, parachutes, ultra-light planes, or any other person-operated aircraft shall not be flown or launched from park property.
- Animals - Per Kent County Public Law (Section 64-Domestic Animals), all dogs shall be kept under restraint. Animal owners shall be responsible for removal of any excrement deposited by the animal. Viloations will result in fines of not more than $400.
- Fishing - Fishing is permitted only in compliance with State law and posted rules.
- Flora and Fauna - Unless authorized by law, a person may not catch, molest or kill any wildlife or disturb any nest, burrow or den of any animal or fowl. A person may not injure, remove or destroy any flora. Planting of vegetation and/or digging into the surface or park property are prohibited except by permission of the department.
- Gambling - Gambling, gaming, wheels of fortune or other games of chance are prohibited except by permission by the department.
- Hunting - Hunting or trapping is prohibited on park property except for animal control purposes or except as permitted by the department.
- Golf - The hitting of golf balls is prohibited on County park property.
- Littering - No person shall discard, deposit, dump, or allow to blow away refuse of any kind in or upon park property, except by placing such refuse in a container provided for such purpose. No household trash may be discarded in a County park.
- Trees - No person may cut, saw, or injure any live or dead trees or part thereof with any type of equipment, power or otherwise, on park property, or remove any live or dead trees from park property, except by permission of the department.
- Traffic and Parking - No person shall operate any motorized vehicle on park property other than on a road or street to which public access has not been prohibited. No off-road vehicles such as all-terrain four-wheels, unlicensed motorcycle, snowmobile or golf cart, etc. will be allowed on County Property. Violators will be prosecuted (L Buses, trucks and commercial vehicles with commercial marking or tools of trade, with the exception of taxi cabs and tool trucks on service calls to disabled vehicles), shall not be operated on park property unless permission has first been obtained from the department. User is responsible to inform participants of parking regulations. As there is limited parking within parks, parking in designated parking areas only shall be permitted. Any non-County vehicle on fields and unmarked grass areas is strictly prohibited at all times. Coaches are expected to ask players and parents for assistance to transport equipment to fields. Leagues will be held responsible for coaches and parents who drive/park on fields or unmarked grass areas. Fines of $25.00 per vehicle will be accessed as applicable. Fines may be higher if damage occures as a result of vehicles on fields or unmarked grass areas. KCPR and DPW personel visit parks often and this area of concern will be regularly monitored and strictly enforced.
- Automobiles - A person may not wash, repair or perform other work on any personal automobile on park property except in the case of emergency. No overnight parking or automobiles, tractor trailers, mobile homes, etc. Violators will be towed at the owners' expense.
- Paths and Trails - Only pedestrians and non-motorized vehicles may use those paths and trails designated by the department as footpaths, nature trails, or bicycle trails. Horses, horse drawn vehicles and motor vehicles shall be prohibited except by permission from the department.
- Violations - Violators who do not comply with regulations will be asked to leave the premises. Failure to leave the premises after so directed shall be considered criminal trespassing.
- Indemnity / Hold Harmless - Kent County Government, its elected officials and employees are absolved of responsibilty for injury or loss sustained by persons or poperty as a result of user's negligence or that any member in their group.
- Enforcement - Department of Parks and Recreation employees and Departmemt of Public Works employees have full authority in and on county-owned parks, land, and recreation facilities, including parking areas, and are authorized to enforce regulations.
- Rules and Regulations Regarding - The department reserves the right to adopt additional rules, regulations, hours of operation, limitation of uses or other standards regarding the use of County-owned property.
- For a printable version of Park Use Regulations, click on Park Use Regulations.
~Approved by the authority of the Kent County Parks and Recreation Advisory Board on February 20, 2020~
All programs at the Kent County Community Center require a Facility Access Card for patrons twelve years of age and older. To mail–in or drop off a registration form, please download the registration form here. (unless there is a registration form listed with a specific activity)